Stay and Play December
Time & Location
About The Event
This is a special Christmas Stay and Play as you are welcome to come for two nights, from Friday 6:30 pm to Sunday 11 am. Your Friday night stay and Saturday morning breakfast is our gift to you.
On Friday night, The Eastern Manitoba Concert Association brings a Christmas concert to Pinawa, with Winnipegger Don Amero performing. We're going so you can join us fora $25 ticket.
On specified weekends each month, join us for a relaxed 24 hour stay at Nurtured by Nature. You can choose your own activities or join Amy and Patti in their chosen play activities for the times you're there. A dog walk on the local trails is a given. Table games in the evening are also a favourite. Other possible play options are (depending on the season); bike rides, snowshoeing, paddling, river or snow tubing, adult colouring books, local concerts, visit to the local art gallery, driving tour to local attractions, etc.
This is kind of like a bed and breakfast stay...but better! Not just a place to stay, but a place to play!
Simple, spontaneous, and adventurous.
What to expect:
- four home-cooked, whole food meals (, Saturday breakfast, Saturday lunch, Saturday supper, Sunday breakfast)
- tea, coffee, other beverages, and healthy snacks available throughout the day
- single occupancy bedroom with shared bathroom (bed linens and towels provided)
- possibility of other guests to connect with (it's kind of like and bed and breakfast so there may or may not be others stay on a given weekend)
- access to shared spaces; living room with wood-burning stove, reading room with perfect view of the woods, tables for crafts/creative projects, large screen room
- access to various outdoor/sports equipment; bikes, canoe, kayaks, stand-up paddleboard, river/snow tubes, snowshoes, tennis, badminton, pickleball, hammocks
- enthusiastic encouragement and guidance to play and engage with nature
- freedom from the expectation of drinking alcohol; we're not saying "no" to alcohol, we just don't see a fit with a focus on play and we want to encourage breaking away from automatic habits.
$150 - included Accommodations, food, guidance
$25 optional to attend Friday's concert